Parent and Child for items with individual OHB – Bundaberg Pack vs Bottle
Table of Contents
ConceptThis case study is for handling issue occurred when item has individual OHB and always confused with Parent and Child concept.
- When item has individual OHB (stock On Hand Balance), which also refer to order separately, item received separately and sell separately.
- Purchase order should raised with different order quantity as 2 item in a purchase order.
- Example: 1 pack of Bundaberg Root Beer and 1 bottle of Bundaberg Root Beer. When stock receiving, 2 items will received into OHB based on Pack and Bottle’s product code or barcode.
- However, after items received into warehouse. operation decided to sell pack as loose pack due to shortage on bottle Bundaberg Root Beer. Parent and Child is not applicable in this scenario.
- Operation will need to do stock adjustment to reduce pack quantity (withdrawn from pack balance), and adjust to increase quantity on bottle.
- After step 5 is performed, shop floor can start selling item as bottle by using bottle’s barcode.